Minions of the Watch Minions of the Watch
An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Join! (free)
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Evile
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Metal Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Set Abominae
2nd in Command


Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Posts: 897


Location: Puyallup, Washington

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Evile  Reply with quote

A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.
_________________
My word and world holds ground and is real
Your word is like floods of poison water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dante
Setian Ruler


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 1074



PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O
I'm gonna see them the 16th.
I hope they find a replacer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raivotar
Fallen Angel


Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 31


Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, their bassist and friend just died. I don't think they're going to be in a rush to "replace" him. I wouldn't count on seeing them on the 16th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Feaněs
Too epic for a normal rank


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 1057


Location: Austria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Evile Reply with quote

Set Abominae wrote:
A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.


R.I.P.

this reminds me of the death of cliff burton, didn't he died in a tour in sweden too, at the tragic busaccident?
_________________
be truly yourself,
be truly your own,
your spirit will crush their heart of stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Sexiest Metalhead
Sexiest Man Alive


Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 1193


Location: Gasport, New York

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fucking shame, great band. Great player.
_________________
Fuck the Patriots
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Set Abominae
2nd in Command


Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Posts: 897


Location: Puyallup, Washington

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Evile Reply with quote

Feaněs wrote:
Set Abominae wrote:
A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.


R.I.P.

this reminds me of the death of cliff burton, didn't he died in a tour in sweden too, at the tragic busaccident?


Yes, that's also where Cliff died. Its kind of ironic how I mentioned they remind me of early Metallica, maybe these guys are the "next metallica"?

I really enjoy this band. They are probably one of the only hopes for true thrash metal nowadays. Even though I've been a fan for only a week or two, I am truly saddened about the bass player.

I hope they find a replacement as well, but I don't want them to rush it. They should take some time to mourn their friend.
_________________
My word and world holds ground and is real
Your word is like floods of poison water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TeaAndCrumpets
FOOD!!!


Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Posts: 60


Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fantastic band, such a shame about Mike Sad

I hope they aren't the "next Metallica" because Metallica only went downhill after Cliff's death (until Death Magnetic)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kanadwen
OM NOM NOM NOM


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 686



PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't a big Metallica fan but I did quite enjoy Black.
_________________
I will devour, I will divide. TheComingCurse, your anti-Christ, I am the watcher's eye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BurntOfferings666
Human


Joined: 01 Nov 2007
Posts: 25


Location: The Great White North

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys should get fucked.  I have a personal grudge against them for fucking over my friends in the band Warmachine when they competed on Mustaine's LiveLine poll to see what band should open for 'Deth on their European tour.

Warmachine won by a fucking LANDSLIDE, yet these fucks were awarded the gig.

It's a long story, but these guys don't deserve any of the success that they've found since that debacle.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dante
Setian Ruler


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 1074



PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurntOfferings666 wrote:
These guys should get fucked.  I have a personal grudge against them for fucking over my friends in the band Warmachine when they competed on Mustaine's LiveLine poll to see what band should open for 'Deth on their European tour.

Warmachine won by a fucking LANDSLIDE, yet these fucks were awarded the gig.

It's a long story, but these guys don't deserve any of the success that they've found since that debacle.

How is it Evile's fault that Dave chose them instead of your friends band?

and btw is 21% really a landslide?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Metal Talk All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
smartDark Style by Smartor
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum