Archive for Minions of the Watch An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 


       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Updates
Set Abominae

Color theme change?

I was thinking of changing the colors of the forum. Not that it doesn't look cool now, but we've had this set-up for a while. I think MOTW is in need of change.

So far, I'm thinking keeping the background black, then making the dark gray more or a deeper blue, change the links to a light, icy blue, keeping the text white, and maybe some other things.

I don't know though, so that's why I'm asking you guys!

I want your input!  Very Happy
paranoidmexican

do it. i barely remember how to access the admin panel....fuck i'm retarded Sad

but yea Ben, do it!
Kanadwen

I say we upgrade to vBulletin and go on a new recruiting movement!
Dante

Kanadwen wrote:
I say we upgrade to vBulletin and go on a new recruiting movement!

I say listen to this guy ^
Set Abominae

Dante wrote:
Kanadwen wrote:
I say we upgrade to vBulletin and go on a new recruiting movement!

I say listen to this guy ^


As I said, I've made this thread for input Razz

Kanadwen, elaborate your plan, if you will. I know nothing about vBulletin, nor have I heard of it until you mentioned it. So, try as hard as you can to make a lengthy explanation  Very Happy
paranoidmexican

Set Abominae wrote:
Dante wrote:
Kanadwen wrote:
I say we upgrade to vBulletin and go on a new recruiting movement!

I say listen to this guy ^


As I said, I've made this thread for input Razz

Kanadwen, elaborate your plan, if you will. I know nothing about vBulletin, nor have I heard of it until you mentioned it. So, try as hard as you can to make a lengthy explanation  Very Happy


if needed i'll make him a temp admin so that he can do all that. then if we gewt waves of people signing up as a result he can be a full admin.

i'd also like to say that just because i'm retarded doesn't mean i ain't the boss. Wink (just incase a coup is made to overthrow me)
Set Abominae

So, so far, I've only been able to successfully change the color of the Admin/Moderator text. The editor says I have changed the background colors and such but it is still grey on my computer Sad

Can anyone see the changes, or is the editor being a douchefaggot?
Dante

Set Abominae wrote:
So, so far, I've only been able to successfully change the color of the Admin/Moderator text. The editor says I have changed the background colors and such but it is still grey on my computer Sad

Can anyone see the changes, or is the editor being a douchefaggot?

douchefaggot!
Tainted Innocence

Dante wrote:
Set Abominae wrote:
So, so far, I've only been able to successfully change the color of the Admin/Moderator text. The editor says I have changed the background colors and such but it is still grey on my computer Sad

Can anyone see the changes, or is the editor being a douchefaggot?

douchefaggot!


+1...i do like the banner though
Set Abominae

Tainted Innocence wrote:
Dante wrote:
Set Abominae wrote:
So, so far, I've only been able to successfully change the color of the Admin/Moderator text. The editor says I have changed the background colors and such but it is still grey on my computer Sad

Can anyone see the changes, or is the editor being a douchefaggot?

douchefaggot!


+1...i do like the banner though


Yes, I redid that banner yesterday. Flipped me the other way so I'm pointing my ankh at your face Twisted Evil

If the editor's being a douchefaggot, then it's time for plan B.

KANADWEN?! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE OR FOREVER BE BANNED!









Just kidding about that last part  Laughing
Kanadwen

vBulletin is like phpBB's Daddy, VB does everything phpBB can do and more. Ever wanted to post a YouTube link straight into your topic? [youtube]video[/youtube] would work, and there are a lot of other features that you can do too.
Myspace codes (showing your current status and default pic under your avatar), Facebook codes (same thing as myspace), Xbox Live codes (displays your gamertag, gamerscore, and NXE avatars).
MyFreeForum does not allow any new code into their forums, due to security issues, and also limits the amount of stuff you can customize, which is why you might be having problems.

However, vBulletin cost money, $100 a year, or $180 to own, so it isn't worth it if you don't have a good community (we have a good one, but not an active one). The newest version of phpBB has a lot of the cool shit vBulletin has, and it's free, so don't get lost hope. So the only way we can have a big new recruiting movement with a brand new layout..is to leave MyFreeForum and go to another site. You can try searching free forum sites that will alow you to have custom codes, but I don't think you will find any.

Now, please, don't take this the wrong way, but like I said, I have a website, with a Iced Earth related URL name, that isn't being used ATM, and could be a perfect host for the new MotW. If everybody would want to go through with it, all admins would keep their status, and elite members would receive some sort of moderation position if they wanted it. I would kindly act as head admin, but only to run the forum, I can leave all the layout details to you original admins, and I'll just be there to install new codes, new skins, etc etc,

This doesn't have to be an all at once move guys, we can slowly work on the new site as time goes on, and slowlly get the members of MotW to switch to the new MotW. This is also good because there are no current IE stuff going on right now. But once a new album is announced, we could have a flood of traffic coming into the new MotW.

I'm not asking to move MotW, I'm actually pretty busy ATM and won't be able to do it anytime soon, but once I have some freetime I'll start it. Just let me know. I'm just trying to care for MotW, don't look bad on this post >.>
paranoidmexican

Kanadwen wrote:
vBulletin is like phpBB's Daddy, VB does everything phpBB can do and more. Ever wanted to post a YouTube link straight into your topic? [youtube]video[/youtube] would work, and there are a lot of other features that you can do too.
Myspace codes (showing your current status and default pic under your avatar), Facebook codes (same thing as myspace), Xbox Live codes (displays your gamertag, gamerscore, and NXE avatars).
MyFreeForum does not allow any new code into their forums, due to security issues, and also limits the amount of stuff you can customize, which is why you might be having problems.

However, vBulletin cost money, $100 a year, or $180 to own, so it isn't worth it if you don't have a good community (we have a good one, but not an active one). The newest version of phpBB has a lot of the cool shit vBulletin has, and it's free, so don't get lost hope. So the only way we can have a big new recruiting movement with a brand new layout..is to leave MyFreeForum and go to another site. You can try searching free forum sites that will alow you to have custom codes, but I don't think you will find any.

Now, please, don't take this the wrong way, but like I said, I have a website, with a Iced Earth related URL name, that isn't being used ATM, and could be a perfect host for the new MotW. If everybody would want to go through with it, all admins would keep their status, and elite members would receive some sort of moderation position if they wanted it. I would kindly act as head admin, but only to run the forum, I can leave all the layout details to you original admins, and I'll just be there to install new codes, new skins, etc etc,

This doesn't have to be an all at once move guys, we can slowly work on the new site as time goes on, and slowlly get the members of MotW to switch to the new MotW. This is also good because there are no current IE stuff going on right now. But once a new album is announced, we could have a flood of traffic coming into the new MotW.

I'm not asking to move MotW, I'm actually pretty busy ATM and won't be able to do it anytime soon, but once I have some freetime I'll start it. Just let me know. I'm just trying to care for MotW, don't look bad on this post >.>


sounds good, i like this idea
Set Abominae

paranoidmexican wrote:
Kanadwen wrote:
vBulletin is like phpBB's Daddy, VB does everything phpBB can do and more. Ever wanted to post a YouTube link straight into your topic? [youtube]video[/youtube] would work, and there are a lot of other features that you can do too.
Myspace codes (showing your current status and default pic under your avatar), Facebook codes (same thing as myspace), Xbox Live codes (displays your gamertag, gamerscore, and NXE avatars).
MyFreeForum does not allow any new code into their forums, due to security issues, and also limits the amount of stuff you can customize, which is why you might be having problems.

However, vBulletin cost money, $100 a year, or $180 to own, so it isn't worth it if you don't have a good community (we have a good one, but not an active one). The newest version of phpBB has a lot of the cool shit vBulletin has, and it's free, so don't get lost hope. So the only way we can have a big new recruiting movement with a brand new layout..is to leave MyFreeForum and go to another site. You can try searching free forum sites that will alow you to have custom codes, but I don't think you will find any.

Now, please, don't take this the wrong way, but like I said, I have a website, with a Iced Earth related URL name, that isn't being used ATM, and could be a perfect host for the new MotW. If everybody would want to go through with it, all admins would keep their status, and elite members would receive some sort of moderation position if they wanted it. I would kindly act as head admin, but only to run the forum, I can leave all the layout details to you original admins, and I'll just be there to install new codes, new skins, etc etc,

This doesn't have to be an all at once move guys, we can slowly work on the new site as time goes on, and slowlly get the members of MotW to switch to the new MotW. This is also good because there are no current IE stuff going on right now. But once a new album is announced, we could have a flood of traffic coming into the new MotW.

I'm not asking to move MotW, I'm actually pretty busy ATM and won't be able to do it anytime soon, but once I have some freetime I'll start it. Just let me know. I'm just trying to care for MotW, don't look bad on this post >.>


sounds good, i like this idea


I as well like this idea.

But let's discuss this, it shouldn't just be up to the admins. I want everyone's opinion on this.

If MOTW were to move to a different host, in this case Kanadwen's, would you guys follow the forum and join? Do you think a domain name would make us seem more "professional"? Do you think we'd get more users as a result? If need be, would you donate to this cause?

You tell us.
Kanadwen

It would most likely be http://www.thecomingcurse.com/phpbb/forum or http://www.thecomingcurse.com/forum, if you guys wanted, we could go an alternate route and sign up on GoDaddy.com (about $5 a month for 12 years) or something and create a http://www.minionsofthewatch.com.
paranoidmexican

Kanadwen wrote:
create a http://www.minionsofthewatch.com.


this  Very Happy

       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Updates
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum