Archive for Minions of the Watch An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 


       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Metal Talk
Set Abominae

Evile

A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.
Dante

:O
I'm gonna see them the 16th.
I hope they find a replacer!
Raivotar

Uh, their bassist and friend just died. I don't think they're going to be in a rush to "replace" him. I wouldn't count on seeing them on the 16th.
Feaněs

Re: Evile

Set Abominae wrote:
A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.


R.I.P.

this reminds me of the death of cliff burton, didn't he died in a tour in sweden too, at the tragic busaccident?
The Sexiest Metalhead

What a fucking shame, great band. Great player.
Set Abominae

Re: Evile

Feaněs wrote:
Set Abominae wrote:
A great modern day thrash metal band. Both of the records they have released so far are great. They remind me a lot of early Metallica and Testament, though they do have their own sound.

As I was writing this, I just found out the bassist of Evile, Mike Alexander, passed away this morning when the band was on tour in Sweden.  Crying or Very sad

RIP Mike. I hope Evile lives on.


R.I.P.

this reminds me of the death of cliff burton, didn't he died in a tour in sweden too, at the tragic busaccident?


Yes, that's also where Cliff died. Its kind of ironic how I mentioned they remind me of early Metallica, maybe these guys are the "next metallica"?

I really enjoy this band. They are probably one of the only hopes for true thrash metal nowadays. Even though I've been a fan for only a week or two, I am truly saddened about the bass player.

I hope they find a replacement as well, but I don't want them to rush it. They should take some time to mourn their friend.
TeaAndCrumpets

A fantastic band, such a shame about Mike Sad

I hope they aren't the "next Metallica" because Metallica only went downhill after Cliff's death (until Death Magnetic)
Kanadwen

I ain't a big Metallica fan but I did quite enjoy Black.
BurntOfferings666

These guys should get fucked.  I have a personal grudge against them for fucking over my friends in the band Warmachine when they competed on Mustaine's LiveLine poll to see what band should open for 'Deth on their European tour.

Warmachine won by a fucking LANDSLIDE, yet these fucks were awarded the gig.

It's a long story, but these guys don't deserve any of the success that they've found since that debacle.
Dante

BurntOfferings666 wrote:
These guys should get fucked.  I have a personal grudge against them for fucking over my friends in the band Warmachine when they competed on Mustaine's LiveLine poll to see what band should open for 'Deth on their European tour.

Warmachine won by a fucking LANDSLIDE, yet these fucks were awarded the gig.

It's a long story, but these guys don't deserve any of the success that they've found since that debacle.

How is it Evile's fault that Dave chose them instead of your friends band?

and btw is 21% really a landslide?
BurntOfferings666

As I said its a long story and I don't want to get into too many details.
TeaAndCrumpets

Well you can't blame them for being picked for something. Blame Dave.

       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Metal Talk
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum