Archive for Minions of the Watch An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 


       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> General Talk
Set Abominae

LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA

Vote to legalize Marijuana! On CNN today, Obama said he will consider with one million votes.

CALL 973 - 409 - 3274, listen and then press pound [#] to vote yes or zero [0] to vote no.

THIS IS NOT BULLSHIT.
Kanadwen

Really?
paranoidmexican

i vote yes, i hate having to buy my shit from some gang member
NightCrawler

Re: LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA

Set Abominae wrote:
Vote to legalize Marijuana! On CNN today, Obama said he will consider with one million votes.

CALL 973 - 409 - 3274, listen and then press pound [#] to vote yes or zero [0] to vote no.

THIS IS NOT BULLSHIT.


Americans are crazy  Confused  Rolling Eyes  Shocked
The Sexiest Metalhead

Eh, no thanks. I don't do that shit.
Stormrider

Hell fucking yeah!!! Weed is NOT a gateway drug nor addictive and those are facts! I know too many people who are not gatewayed to other drugs or addicted to weed, that's all hype false hype sure it may actually affect some folks like that but they are week willed and deserve what they get! But I digress VOTE YES EVERY ONE EVEN IF YOU DON'T SMOKE IT!
Kanadwen

Weed is indeed not physically addicting, but a lot of dumbasses up there gain a mental addiction to it. That's where all the bad rep comes frmo.
The Sexiest Metalhead

Yeah, everyone I know who smokes weed didn't graduate high school... so...
Stormrider

The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
Yeah, everyone I know who smokes weed didn't graduate high school... so...


It's just the opposite for me, all my smoking buds and their friends (those I barely know) have either graduated from high school (which was a long time ago most of us are in our late 30's pushing 40) or graduated and went to college and STILL smoking weed with no addiction or problems in school (college) or work. At least 20 or so folks. Sure a small number when compared to everybody in the world but that is a LOT of pot smokers that have made something of themselves or at least graduated high school and had no problems because of weed amongst all I know.

I think it is NOT weed that causes the problem but the week willed folks. I am sure most of the ones who didn't graduate probably are easily coaxed into peer pressure situations. Anybody (well at least me and my friends) can easily deny or avoid peer pressure, it really was and is an easy thing to do even when we were teens. That's a problem because it is true that some folks are the negative stereotypes of pot heads, it is not all potheads. Just like ANY stereotype. ALL stereotypes do indeed exist, like blacks like chicken and watermeleon and steal, there are a lot of blacks that do fit that stereotype, but doesn't mean all do. To say it is a fact for blacks is wrong, it is only a fact for some, on the same token (no pun intended) it is wrong to say all potheads don't finish school are become lazy shits.

But I am not saying anything against anyone who doesn't smoke. It is your choice after all more power to you if you don't smoke. Just realize the so called facts of pot are mostly scare tactics and false. And yes some of your friends may indeed have been those but doesn't mean weed is bad.

Sorry for standing on my soap box about this, it's just I tend to defend my beliefs and whatnot. And I am not saying you are wrong, though it may seem so. Sorry if you took this as a slap at you it wasn't meant to be. I will kick my soapbox to the curb now.
Tainted Innocence

fuck that,it's a fucking waste of time. i went to a concert awhile back and every fucking teen was stoned. it's jus going to get worse if they make it legal. i vote HELLFUCKINGNO. ban me if you want.
Kanadwen

Tainted Innocence wrote:
fuck that,it's a fucking waste of time. i went to a concert awhile back and every fucking teen was stoned. it's jus going to get worse if they make it legal. i vote HELLFUCKINGNO. ban me if you want.


I would much rather be at a concert where everyone was high than a concert where everyone was drunk.
The Sexiest Metalhead

If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.
Set Abominae

The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.


At first, it wasn't illegal. Marijuana became illegal in the united states in 1970. The Controlled Substances Act of 1970, a federal law, classifies marijuana as a Schedule I drug, implying that it has a high potential for abuse and has no acceptable medical use, and thus it prohibits the possession, usage, purchase, sale, and/or cultivation of marijuana.

However, in recent studies, this has been proven incorrect. Marijuana has many medical uses. For cancer, the chemo therapy makes cancer patients have no appetite and not be able to sleep. Pot tends to make you hungry [give you the "munchies"  Laughing] and also makes you physically tired after its use.

As for abuse, people do indeed abuse the herb. But people also abuse tobacco, alcohol, soda, coffee, you name it, it's abused. Do you think soda should be outlawed since if you drink a lot of it, it makes you fat and lethargic?  Razz Or if you abuse tobacco you get cancer. It's just how things are.
Stormrider

The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.


This is not a well thought out question. It's just like saying "If god doesn't exist, how did we get here?" The only difference is there is proof that pot is not as harmful as once thought were there is no proof of god existing (don't get me wrong I believe he exists, I just know there is no proof of it). We know pot is not as harmful anymore as stated in the last post by Set.

We also know that no one drives wild or crazy or kills while on weed as they do on alcohol and that is legal (alcohol not driving on it or whatever). So you can use that same question to alcohol, if alcohol is so bad why is it not illegal? See. No offense, and no one here is trying to recruit you to the pleasures of the bud, please don't take this post as a slam at you personally. It is not meant to be that.
Tainted Innocence

Stormrider wrote:
The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.


This is not a well thought out question. It's just like saying "If god doesn't exist, how did we get here?" The only difference is there is proof that pot is not as harmful as once thought were there is no proof of god existing (don't get me wrong I believe he exists, I just know there is no proof of it). We know pot is not as harmful anymore as stated in the last post by Set.

We also know that no one drives wild or crazy or kills while on weed as they do on alcohol and that is legal (alcohol not driving on it or whatever). So you can use that same question to alcohol, if alcohol is so bad why is it not illegal? See. No offense, and no one here is trying to recruit you to the pleasures of the bud, please don't take this post as a slam at you personally. It is not meant to be that.



alchol actually was illegal at one point but the people kept fighting for it not to be soo eventually it became legal,soo therefor your argument is pointless,alcohol was illegal,now though it should be it's not. same with weed,it's illegal and it should stay that way.
The Wicked One

Tainted Innocence wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.


This is not a well thought out question. It's just like saying "If god doesn't exist, how did we get here?" The only difference is there is proof that pot is not as harmful as once thought were there is no proof of god existing (don't get me wrong I believe he exists, I just know there is no proof of it). We know pot is not as harmful anymore as stated in the last post by Set.

We also know that no one drives wild or crazy or kills while on weed as they do on alcohol and that is legal (alcohol not driving on it or whatever). So you can use that same question to alcohol, if alcohol is so bad why is it not illegal? See. No offense, and no one here is trying to recruit you to the pleasures of the bud, please don't take this post as a slam at you personally. It is not meant to be that.



alchol actually was illegal at one point but the people kept fighting for it not to be soo eventually it became legal,soo therefor your argument is pointless,alcohol was illegal,now though it should be it's not. same with weed,it's illegal and it should stay that way.


The main lesson learned was that the Government could not write laws on the morals of the people. at that time weed was not illegal.  (this is in the history books ppl nearly word for word)
But as you know in politics, history to be used as a reference is thrown out the window. Therefore the walking talking hypocrisy that is our law system gets away with holding Weed as an illegal narcotic.

This also makes your statement invalid as well.
Stormrider

Tainted Innocence wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
The Sexiest Metalhead wrote:
If weed isn't bad, then why is it illegal in the first place.


This is not a well thought out question. It's just like saying "If god doesn't exist, how did we get here?" The only difference is there is proof that pot is not as harmful as once thought were there is no proof of god existing (don't get me wrong I believe he exists, I just know there is no proof of it). We know pot is not as harmful anymore as stated in the last post by Set.

We also know that no one drives wild or crazy or kills while on weed as they do on alcohol and that is legal (alcohol not driving on it or whatever). So you can use that same question to alcohol, if alcohol is so bad why is it not illegal? See. No offense, and no one here is trying to recruit you to the pleasures of the bud, please don't take this post as a slam at you personally. It is not meant to be that.



alchol actually was illegal at one point but the people kept fighting for it not to be soo eventually it became legal,soo therefor your argument is pointless,alcohol was illegal,now though it should be it's not. same with weed,it's illegal and it should stay that way.


Alcohol was legal first than illegal than legal. So actually my statement still has merit. But if you don't want to smoke it than don't. Again not trying to turn you just trying to let you in on the REAL facts, from first hand experience (and not just my own). Since it is not an addictive drug nor a gateway drug like the idiots at DARE try to make you think (they can't prove it cause too many people are like me and not addicted nor go on to harder drugs, yet they still insist it is a fact) it should be legal. And as with alcohol no one HAS to do it. I have friends who do coke and other hard drugs and I still like them even though I detest those types of drugs cause it's there choice not mine, same with you you don't smoke fine but you shouldn't alienate yourself from pot heads who are cool.

       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> General Talk
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum