Archive for Minions of the Watch An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 


       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Non-Metal Talk
TheVileMessiah

Literary Metalheads

Are there any people here into blasting some Iced Earth and getting down into a good old book?

I've read the entire Dark Tower Series, hated the ending, but in the parts dealing with Blaine, I of course, listened to Terror Train.

<img src= http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/Mad_Crzy_Will/Blaine.png>


Any of you read any books you thought would make a great metal concept album? Biggest in my opinion, Necroscope series by Brain Lumley.
Dante

"Commedia" (The Divine Comedy)
By Dante!!!!
Of course IE can't make about Hell again but what about Purgatory and Paradise?

Or they should go the other way and write a book off the The Something Wicked story!
Stormrider

Jon has been planning on making a comic book series of the Something Wicked storyline. Don't know when he will find time to do that, but I will definitely buy it when he does.

As for the subject, well Stephen King is basically the only author I read (I usually don't read, unless they are comic books) so I don't know any books that would make a great concept album by IE, except for maybe The Stand (by of course Stephen King). I know Anthrax already made a song based on it "Among The Living", but that's just one song. It'd be cool if IE made a Stand album and put a cover of that song on it. Maybe the Shining (yes another King book) too. Or do a whole "Horror Show" thing for selected Stephen King books.
Aggelos Poneros

Tad Williams maybe?
But that's  more Blind Guardian then Iced Earth.
TheVileMessiah

It's strange I must have read about twenty Steven King books or more but I haven't read The Shining, Carrie, IT, the ones he really know for.

Brain Lumley, it's hard to find his shit since they haven't reprinted any of them since the 90's. Almost all I have say FIRST EDITION, so I guess they never really reprinted them.

Let's just say it's British against Soviets, but throw in a lot of the paranormal, a vampire that's been sealed in Silver underground since The Crusades, and a man who can both summon [well, really request, but the dead love him] and talk to the dead, and teleport.

METAList idea ever.

Written before the Soviet ended by the way XD
TheVileMessiah

And he's called the Necroscope was the name of the book by the way
the one true seeker

Terry Goodkind  The Sword of Truth series.  Started reading that series when I first got into IE.

Slave to the Dark always reminds me of that series.

Quote:
The Stand (by of course Stephen King). I know Anthrax already made a song based on it "Among The Living", but that's just one song. It'd be cool if IE made a Stand album and put a cover of that song on it. Maybe the Shining (yes another King book) too. Or do a whole "Horror Show" thing for selected Stephen King books.
The Wicked One

I read stuff all the time. Mostly SF and fantasy.
This stuff can go either way though I could say that mostly Blind Guardian and Pyramaze would lean towards what Ive been reading latley.

Stuff written by David Weber particularly Oath of Swords  (Hradani series) could be done by Pyramaze and it would rock something fierce.

Also been reading the Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher (Dresden Files)

Never could go wrong with HP Lovecraft though
Iced Earth focuses on being Dark. so Lovecraft or the Dresden files could work.
Feaněs

I read a lot, last three weeks I read three books, everyone over 700 pages.....

Ilove reading, right now I'm reading the 4. book of the Fire & Ice Saga, from George R. R. Martin.

Does anyone of you knows it, it is FANTASTIC   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
KitCorpse

I have a few books in my collection that are historical fiction written by David Bishop. The books are all based on WW2 and the Undead. The books are called Fiends of the Eastern Front and Fiends of the Rising Sun. I'm sure bands such as IE and maybe even some Black Metal or Gothic bands could turn these novels into some killer music.
Feaněs

KitCorpse wrote:
I have a few books in my collection that are historical fiction written by David Bishop. The books are all based on WW2 and the Undead. The books are called Fiends of the Eastern Front and Fiends of the Rising Sun. I'm sure bands such as IE and maybe even some Black Metal or Gothic bands could turn these novels into some killer music.


cool, I really like historical fiction too...
WW2 is a hard theme, you know I'm coming from austria, so I know a lot about that task, it's cool that you are also interested in it....
KupoBarlow

Stormrider wrote:
Jon has been planning on making a comic book series of the Something Wicked storyline. Don't know when he will find time to do that, but I will definitely buy it when he does.

As for the subject, well Stephen King is basically the only author I read (I usually don't read, unless they are comic books) so I don't know any books that would make a great concept album by IE, except for maybe The Stand (by of course Stephen King). I know Anthrax already made a song based on it "Among The Living", but that's just one song. It'd be cool if IE made a Stand album and put a cover of that song on it. Maybe the Shining (yes another King book) too. Or do a whole "Horror Show" thing for selected Stephen King books.


I didn't found this topic before...

Oh man!, i can't agree more with you!!! Stephen King is the only reason that i can stay reading for more than 3 hours, the man is THE man. Did you read "The Long Walk"? Man, that was THE SHIT for me!!! It was written as Richard Bachman, you must know about that Wink.

Actually, i'm reading Misery, i'm on page 210/360-something...
Feaněs

I'm reading, the Wheel of Time books from ROBERT jORDAN right now, I'm at the second one, called the great hunt...awsome fantasy stuff, really good
mordred321

Feaněs wrote:
I'm reading, the Wheel of Time books from ROBERT jORDAN right now, I'm at the second one, called the great hunt...awsome fantasy stuff, really good


currently on the fourth called The Shadow Rising.the thing i like with this series until now every book is better than the previous one.but everyone says they get boring at about seventh or so...i hope they dont
Cool
Feaněs

mordred321 wrote:
Feaněs wrote:
I'm reading, the Wheel of Time books from ROBERT jORDAN right now, I'm at the second one, called the great hunt...awsome fantasy stuff, really good


currently on the fourth called The Shadow Rising.the thing i like with this series until now every book is better than the previous one.but everyone says they get boring at about seventh or so...i hope they dont
Cool


I don't think so, my brother also said the first two were boring, and I don't really think so...
mordred321

Feaněs wrote:
mordred321 wrote:
Feaněs wrote:
I'm reading, the Wheel of Time books from ROBERT jORDAN right now, I'm at the second one, called the great hunt...awsome fantasy stuff, really good


currently on the fourth called The Shadow Rising.the thing i like with this series until now every book is better than the previous one.but everyone says they get boring at about seventh or so...i hope they dont
Cool


I don't think so, my brother also said the first two were boring, and I don't really think so...


I dont think so either...my best friend read all eleven and said they were all fantastic...

       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> Non-Metal Talk
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum