Archive for Minions of the Watch An Iced Earth forum for the fans!
 


       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> General Talk
Stormrider

Why do some folks think Satanists don't beleive in god?

I don't see that that often anymore, but way back in my teen years, I heard and people asked me straight up, that because I am a Satanist, why don't I believe in god? I had to always say, "I do believe in god, just hate his guts is all". That happened like I said millions of years ago when I was a teen. But I know some folks still think that. Why would a christian (or any one for that matter) assume a Satanist only worships Satan while not believing in god? I don't know. I do know there are many different kinds of Satanists out there. Some are atheists and worship the IDEA of Satan but don't believe in an actual BEING Satan or god. I don't see anything wrong with that, I actually follow some of those beliefs. Me I am a mixed up Satanist as I follow various beliefs from different Satanic religions, which pisses of the Levayan's cause to them their's is the ONLY Satanism.

I believe Satan is Lucifer the Fallen Angel. I believe god exists. Though Lucifer is a biblical character, my believing in him and god in no way makes me a christian as some Levayans on other forums have stupidly claimed. They said those who believe in biblical characters are christian because the bible was written by christians. That to me is such a lame excuse I can't even put it in words. But I will try.

Saying that a Satanist that worships the biblical Satan is a christian is like saying if I decided to worship Martin Luther King, than I'd be black. Do you see the absurdity in that. Or like saying if I worship say, Bugs Bunny, than I'd have to be a cartoon myself. But oh well. I have nothing against the good christians, which there are so very few of, it's the majority of them I hate. The judgmental, not tolerant of non christians faiths and beliefs, condemn you to hell for it types I hate. And unfortunately that makes up about 90% or more of ALL christians I have met in real life, the net, or seen being interviewed on tv or in the news.
Aggelos Poneros

Don't ask me. That's something I also don't understand,
It doesn't matter are you Satanist, Pagan, Christian etc.
Than what kind of person you are.

Here in my country, in my town, if you wear black you are Satanist.
No discusion.
I belive there is god and satan.
Also, I'm going to church every Sunday, but actually I have diffirent opinions than clergy. In the past,  more wars happend because of Christians then because of Satanists.
If you understand what I mean.
Stormrider

I gotta admit, christians aren't as bad as they were way back in the olden days. Actually burning folks at the stake because they thought them to be witches. All the persecutions, and it has been a while since these peace loving christians bombed an abortion clinic killing the abortion doctors, haven't seen that in the news lately. And yes you are right, wars caused by religions were often almost always a christian religion at fault.
The Wicked One

im part of the 10% that don't do that crap. But i can see why you have that opinion of the Christian faith. I notice too many who do exactly what you say.


Don't even get me started on evangelicals. they make me sick
Dante

I think that all that has anything to do with "gods" or "satans" are bullshit...
But that is my opinion, and i respect what everyone else believes.
Stormrider

Dante wrote:
I think that all that has anything to do with "gods" or "satans" are bullshit...
But that is my opinion, and i respect what everyone else believes.


Unlike alot of christians and Satanists (though like I said some Satanists are atheists), I actually respect atheists. I believe I SHOULD be an atheist as I have never seen nor probably never will see proof of gods or Satan's existence. Yet I still believe they exist. It's like that old thing about asking "Have you ever actually seen, touched or smelled a million dollars in cash?" most folks would have to say no, but does that mean a million bucks don't exist? Still god is different as there can be proof of a million bucks even if you don't see or touch it, where as there never has been proof of god. But oh well. Everyone believes (or disbelieves) in something or nothing, I say there is nothing wrong with believing in something, torturing folks or whatever because of those beliefs is something totally different and wrong in my opinion.
Man's Coming Curse

here in my home town, nobody gets called a satanist, if you wear black and have long hair then you are classed as "emo" which deeply hacks me off, if I were called goth or satanist I wouldnt give a rats arse about it, but emo just angers me so much. What are your towns like?  Smile
Stormrider

Even though I am basically in a town with lots of goths, headbangers, and emos, when I were my say Deicide shirt with the picture of jesus split open on an autopsy table and wearing my inverted crucifix (NOT CROSS, Crucifix with jesus on it, more blasphemous than just a stupid inverted cross) necklace, I still get looks. I wonder if it's the grey in my beard or hair (makes me look older than I am) or what.
But I hear you on the emo thing. I used to live in a smaller town and boy people would not just stare they shoot daggers with their eyes. One time I had a "Bad Religion" crossed out cross bumper sticker on my car. I parked went into the shitty little mall in that shitty little town, came out about 30 or so minutes later and saw some old lady actually trying to peel off the sticker from my car. I said "What are you doing?" she said "Are you jewish?" I said "No I am a Satanist" she said "This sticker is offensive" and I said "Well all the God is great, jesus loves you stickers are offensive to me, but I don't try to peel them off cars" I don't really remember the rest (the quotes are not exact, cause my memory is not that great ). But I don't have that car anymore but I did take off the stickers and was able to keep them though not on a new car since they won't stick anymore.
paranoidmexican

heavy metal is all the religion i need Wink
Aggelos Poneros

Man's Coming Curse wrote:
here in my home town, nobody gets called a satanist, if you wear black and have long hair then you are classed as "emo" which deeply hacks me off, if I were called goth or satanist I wouldnt give a rats arse about it, but emo just angers me so much. What are your towns like?  Smile


yeah, now started with that shit here too.
I AM NOT EMO!!
Smile
Tainted Innocence

psh,
i got to church every sunday (recently atleast)
but i do not honestly care what people classify me as.
i basically stand in the middle.
mostly i go to church to hear the stories of the biblical times
soo for me it about history...
and this one girl there... haha...
The Wicked One

Tainted Innocence wrote:
psh,
i got to church every sunday (recently atleast)



and this one girl there... haha...


edited for honesty.... Laughing
Tainted Innocence

lmao!
thanks.
TheVileMessiah

I used to be a Christian. I think one day I just  looked skyward and tried to feel something, anything above. I found nothing. As my knowledge of both heavy metal and history increased, my belief in deities ceased. I look back on it and find it childish. Hasn't mankind outgrown the belief in invisible forces?

Want to see  good movie in Religion watch Goya's Ghost, fantastic movie with that badass dude from No Country for Old Men.
the one true seeker

I have been saying this for many years.
" I have faith in God.  But none in religion."
Religion has twisted and perverted the teachings and words of God, and that is true of all the major religions.

And that is all I will say on this subject.
Aggelos Poneros

the one true seeker wrote:
Religion has twisted and perverted the teachings and words of God, and that is true of all the major religions.
The Wicked One

the one true seeker wrote:
I have been saying this for many years.
" I have faith in God.  But none in religion."
Religion has twisted and perverted the teachings and words of God, and that is true of all the major religions.


/thread
Dante

Look at this:
Vicarivs Filii Dei (The Popes title)
And in Roman letter-numbers it's this:
Vicarivs: 112
+
Filii: 53
+
Dei: 501
=
666
Tainted Innocence

randommmmm.... :p
Aggelos Poneros

Dante wrote:
Look at this:
Vicarivs Filii Dei (The Popes title)
And in Roman letter-numbers it's this:
Vicarivs: 112
+
Filii: 53
+
Dei: 501
=
666


I wanted to write this!  Razz

       Minions of the Watch Forum Index -> General Talk
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum